Published 8 December 2021
As part of UNSW's Education Festival, the annual teaching awards ceremony was delivered at the Friday afternoon event. The awards were announced by Prof. Louise Lutze-Mann, Director of Education and Prof. Jonathan Morris, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research Training & Entrepreneurship, and presented to all awardees by Prof. Merlin Crossley, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic & Student Life.
Congratulations to these exceptional educators who received an award for their contribution to teaching this year!
Citation for Outstanding Achievements in University Teaching
- Prof. Adrienne Torda, UNSW Medicine & Health
- Dr Lynn Gribble, UNSW Business School
- Dr David Kellermann, UNSW Engineering
Read the background stories of how their citations came to light & watch interviews here.
Vice-Chancellor's Award for Sustained Excellence in Teaching
- A/Prof. Christopher Michaelsen, UNSW Law
Vice-Chancellor's Award for Teaching Excellence
- Dr Nicholas Apoifis, UNSW Arts, Design & Architecture
- Dr Arash Khatamianfar, UNSW Engineering
Vice-Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
- Dr Vinod Kumar Maseedupally, UNSW Medicine
- A/Prof. Terry Ord, UNSW Science
- A/Prof. Ang Liu, UNSW Engineering
- Dr Melanie Fentoullis, UNSW Medicine & Health
- Dr Lana Ly, UNSW Science
Vice-Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Contributions to Student Wellbeing
- Dr Thomas Britz, UNSW Science
Vice-Chancellor's Award for Programs that Enhance Learning
- Master of Teaching Indigenous Education Immersion Program team, UNSW Arts, Design & Architecture
- Bachelor of Commerce Redesign team, UNSW Business School
The Heinz Harant Award for Teaching Innovation
- A/Prof. Christine Mathies, UNSW Business School
View recipient profiles and award titles here.
Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Higher Degree Research Supervision
- A/Prof. Belinda Ferrari, UNSW Science
- A/Prof. Ziv Hameiri, UNSW Engineering
Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Higher Degree Research Leadership
- A/Prof. Maria Markoulli, UNSW Medicine & Health
Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Promoting Industry Engagement in Higher Degree Research
- Scientia Professor, Justin Gooding, UNSW Science
Read more about these awards here.
- Mr Marc Chee, UNSW Engineering
- Dr John Napier, UNSW Arts, Design & Architecture
- Dr Theron Schmidt, UNSW Arts, Design & Architecture
- Dr Leesa Sidhu, UNSW Canberra
- Professional Staff Category: Mr Nick Jordan, Publications Coordinator at Arc
Read the heart-warming nomination statements submitted by students in recognition of this award here.
Category: Assessment and feedback
- A/Prof. Jenny Richmond, UNSW Science
Category: Building student communities
- A/Prof. Emma Jane, UNSW Arts, Design & Architecture
Category: Challenging and supporting students to engage in active learning
Category: Inspiring students
- A/Prof. Steven Most, UNSW Science
Category: Leveraging student diversity
- Mr Bradley Hastings, UNSW Business School
Category: Linking learning to professional, disciplinary, industry, and or/ personal contexts
- Dr Michael Stevens, UNSW Engineering
Learn more about these awards here.
- 'Empowering Students with Wellbeing & Resilience Skills and Strategies'
- Ms Amanda Carlton & Ms Olivia Tunks, Student Development
- 'A Virtual Cuppa and Catch up - Lunch time in the courtyard'
- Associate Lecturer June Kim, UNSW Arts, Design & Architecture
View UNSW's Education Festival 2021 Poster eBooklet here.
Enjoyed this article? Share it with your network!