View the video to join one of our students, Debbie, as she asks our Scientia Education Fellows what the Academy is all about.
As of 2020, the Academy has grown to include 40 Fellows, drawn from every Faculty across UNSW. Committed to learning and teaching practice within UNSW, the Fellows provide leadership and vision across UNSW and in the higher education sector.
The Fellows champion educational excellence by:
- providing leadership and vision in learning and teaching across UNSW and in the higher education sector
- enhancing the profile and quality of learning and teaching within UNSW, including innovation in curriculum design and delivery, including face-to-face, blended and online education
- contributing to the overall UNSW learning and teaching strategy, the Scientia Education Experience Model, and improvements in educational practice
- contributing to positioning UNSW as an exemplar institution for student experience and outcomes
- contributing to scholarly outputs in learning and teaching.
How are Fellows appointed?
The Dean of each Faculty nominates potential Fellows through the submission of a written application, with the final decision resting with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education). A decision was made in 2019 to cap the Academy to 40 Fellows.