The Course Enhancement Project Lightning Workshops are a series of hands-on sessions where you can develop strategies for your course in a collaborative environment!
In each workshop, you will have the opportunity to design, refine and implement strategies to improve the student learning experience. Open to all teaching staff, each workshop begins with a 10 minute presentation on common student and staff concerns before teaching staff are given the opportunity to work collaboratively with other teaching staff and Educational Developers to refine their assessment design and implement it in their course.
Staff are asked to bring resources relevant to each session such as their course outline, a learning activity and the highest weighted assessment they are currently using in the course or alternatively an assessment they have identified an issue with.
Wednesday Sessions are held from 9-10am in Electrical Engineering G04.
Friday Sessions are a repeat of the first session, or an opportunity to continue working on that week's topic and are held from 11am-12pm in Morven Brown G04.
- Week 1: Wed 15 Feb (Follow up Fri 17) - Aligning Learning Outcomes, Activities and Assessment to Improve Student Learning in Your Course
- Week 2: Wed 22 Feb (Follow up Fri 24) - Scaffolding Learning
- Week 3: Wed 1 March (Follow up Fri 3) - Addressing AI in Assessment Design (ChatGPT, Jasper)
- Week 4: Wed 8 March (Follow up Fri 10 with Inspera focus) - Designing Rubrics That Work
- Week 5: Wed 15 March (Follow up Fri 17 with Inspera focus) - Designing Good Multiple-Choice Questions
- Week 7: Wed 29 March (Follow up Fri 31 with Inspera focus) - Designing effective essay questions
- Week 8: Wed 5 April (Follow up Fri 7) - Making Teamwork Work in Assessment
- Week 9: Wed 12 April (Follow up Fri 14) - Communication Strategies to Bring Students Along for the Journey
- Week 10: Wed 19 April (Follow up Fri 21 with Inspera focus) - Feedback to Feedforward
- Week 11: Wed 26 April (Follow up Fri 28) - Motivating Your Students to Learn
Please register for the sessions you wish to attend by completing the form here. You are welcome to register for as many sessions as you would like.